Thursday, July 10, 2014

Zoo Day!

So, I'm still here.  I haven't blogged in over two months which is the longest I've ever gone since starting this little blog over five years ago.  I'm SO behind that this post is from February!  My phone is full (literally) of pictures I need to put on here so when I find time I'm going to work on updating this little space of mine.  Life is busy, what can I say.

In February we took Hannah to the zoo one morning and it was the perfect weather and day!  She was too busy to take a picture with Mommy and the elephant but we tried anyways.


They had a brand new baby elephant that was born just a week or so before we visited.  It's Mommy was super protective like we all are in the beginning.


We walked all over the zoo, saw every exhibit and had a blast but this thing right here was Hannah's favorite.  Ick.  The huge, nasty komodo dragon. 


When we pryed her away from the dragon we made our way to the monkeys!  Hannah wanted to feed the ape on our way in.


Little cutie


Kelly must have been a popular name in September 1980 because this Kelly is just a few weeks younger than me!


We headed over to the highly anticipated giraffe exhibit where there was a brand new little baby there too, it was so cute.  I got pics on my good camera but I don't have that with me right now so these are just cell phone pics.  Hannah got to feed the giraffes "salad" as she kept saying!


She was amazed 


On our way to see other animals we passed the dragon again.  So we stopped.  And waited while she checked him out.  Again.


Happy girl


Other people came and went and she just sat there staring at the least mobile animal at the zoo. 


On our way out we headed to the gift shop and we told Hannah she could pick out one thing.  She chose a rubber snake.  Ew!  That thing creeps me out.  Since I HATE snakes I let her choose two things since she liked the soft cute giraffe also.  Let's just say the giraffe still is in her bed every night and I honestly have no idea where that rubber snake is.  It's somewhere in a drawer in the playroom I'm assuming but I'm definitely not going to be looking for it anytime soon.  ;)

Here she was saying "Mommy!  The snake says ssssssss!"


She wanted the snake and giraffe to kiss.


It was such a great day with our little munchkin!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad to see you writing in this space again! We need to take the kids to the zoo, it's always such a fun time but it's a bit of a drive for us.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers