Friday, January 2, 2015

Baby T#2 33 Weeks

33 Weeks with Graham


33 Weeks with Hannah (I'm way lower with Graham!)


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 33 Weeks (6 more to go!!!) 

Size of baby: Baby Graham weighs as much as a pineapple.  He is about 4 lbs and over 17 inches long (according to Baby Center).  I know he's bigger than that though.  We'll find out in two weeks at our last big ultrasound.  

Total Weight Gain: 17 lbs.  

Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes now

Gender: It's a BOY!!!  

Movement: Graham MOVES!!  A LOT!!!  His movements are definitely getting bigger so I can tell he's running out of room in there. He loves to kick my hip bones and make big movements across my belly that take my breath away.  His movements hurt a lot now and sometimes I say OUCH without meaning to.  He's a strong boy!  Austin can see his movements from across the room now.

Sleep: I WAS sleeping great.  No complaints whatsoever!  Until now.  I've entered the waking up in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason and staying awake for two hours phase of the pregnancy.  It's fun.  Gives me time to think.  Haha.  No, it's not fun and it makes me exhausted but luckily since I'm only working part time now I can come home and nap.  I haven't been at work the last two weeks so some days I would wake up around 7am and by 9am I was back in bed napping.  You do what you have to do.  ;)

What I miss: Sleeping well.  Not being in pain.  Having energy.  That's about it.

Cravings: No cravings, just my usual sweet tooth.  

Symptoms: Heartburn!  WOW, it is SO much worse than it was with Hannah!!  This came out of nowhere too!  It was just the occasional heartburn until last week and then it was just like swallowing FIRE.  I took a Zantac the other day and it's been SO much better since then so I'll keep that up as needed.  Other than that, I'm popping about 8-10 TUMS a day.  I don't know what happened between 31-32 weeks but it's like this pregnancy went from "a little uncomfortable" to "miserable" VERY quickly.  I think it was just because of the holidays and going nonstop for almost two weeks.  I tried to rest a lot but I think even then it wasn't good rest and my body just gave up.  I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just stating my recent symptoms here.  I had some SERIOUS ligament pains this past week.  The first was on Christmas Eve day when I was trying to make food, I couldn't stand straight because of the pain on my left side.  Then that night the pains woke me up and hurt pretty bad and reminded me that I should have registered at the hospital by now just in case.  They didn't bother me again until Monday morning when I was about to leave for my OB appt and I had such bad stabbing pains on my right side this time that I couldn't even walk.  I managed to get Hannah and myself into the car and called Austin crying on the way to the Dr so he met us up there and luckily by the time got to my appt the stabbing pains were gone, it was just hurting from it in general.  I have a pretty high threshold for pain, this was no joke!  I explained it to my Dr and she said yes, sometimes they can be excruciating and told me how to try to minimize the pain.  Um...yeah they can!  But at least I know it's somewhat normal and Graham and I are just fine.  Now I just have to rest even more than before.  I'm definitely more worn out than ever before and have to take it really really easy which is not easy for me at all, I've always got something I'd rather be doing than laying around!  Sometimes laying around is fun, until you're told you HAVE to of course, then you just want to go go go.  But the holidays were my warning so I'm listening now and I will be resting for the next month!  Still have BH contractions several times a day but no big deal, I'm used to those.  

Best Moment this week: Getting to hear Graham's strong heartbeat (144 bpm), he's doing great in there other than running out of room!  My Dr said IF I make it to 39 weeks he'll come then, otherwise he's coming early because he's going to run out of room and want out.  I totally see that happening.  I feel like he already wants out!
We also went shopping yesterday for all the stuff we still needed and he's set in that department.  His clothes are all washed and ready for him to wear!  All that is left is his bedding which is being made by my friends mom and his room will be done.  :)

 Sweet girl already loves her baby brother so much!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet Graham! Lainey

Chani said...

So sweet! I can't wait until he arrives, even though I'm so far away! At least I'll get to see pictures!! :-) Hopefully you will stay as comfortable as possible. Thinking about you always! Big hugs, Kelly!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers