Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yummy

I've found a new "go-to" meal.  One day Austin and I were at the store and I saw a rotisserie chicken and suddenly I wanted chicken enchiladas.  So, I just thought of stuff that would taste good and came up with a regular meal around our house.  It's SUPER easy and doesn't take long at all!

Austin and I LOVE olives so I put black olives and avocados on top.  It's delish.  Add a side of black beans and Mexican rice and you're set!  FYI, if you put this much on your plate you won't finish it.  It looked smaller in the pan.  ;)

Here's what I use and how I make my enchiladas:
- one whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- small can of diced green chilies
- can of Rotel, drained
- can of Campbell's fiesta cheese soup
- wheat tortillas
- red enchilada sauce
- shredded cheese

Saute' chopped onion until soft.  Add shredded chicken, Rotel, cheese soup and green chilies and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Pour a little enchilada sauce into casserole dish to cover bottom of the pan.  Fill 10 tortillas with filling and roll up into pan.  Pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.  Bake in the oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes until it's bubbly.

That's it!  Super easy and yummy!

2 comments:

michelle ellis said...

That looks so yummy! I can't wait to try!

The Settlemeyers said...

I saw a rotisserie chicken at the store yesterday and thought I should fix something with that. Can't wait to try this out!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers