Friday, October 10, 2014

Baby T#2 21 Weeks



For comparison, here I was at 21 weeks with Hannah



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 Weeks 

Size of baby: Baby T is the length of a carrot

Total Weight Gain: I think about 8-9 lbs.  I'm packing it on!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and some regular tops/some maternity tops

Gender: It's a BOY!!!  Baby T I think has a name, as in, we decided one a few weeks ago and haven't talked much about it since.  Haha.  We need to talk about it again and decide for sure!  

Movement: He is a mover!  I still don't feel him moving too much during the day but I walk around a lot so I may just not notice.  Later at night he's usually pretty active.  Last night was a first where we could see him moving a LOT when I was laying flat.  I've also figured out that he stops moving when I start talking.  For over a week I'd say "Austin, come here and feel, he's moving" and then he does nothing.  Playing tricks on his Daddy already!  Now I just have to snap my fingers or wave to get Austin's attention to come over and feel so he doesn't stop moving.  Austin was pretty excited because on 9/30 he felt him kick for the first time.  Aunt Tracy felt him kick last weekend too.  

Sleep: I love sleep. :)  I've been sleeping pretty good every night, just not long enough during the weekdays. My dreams are just ridiculous.  And random.  And so so weird.

What I miss: Nothing right now.

Cravings: I don't really crave a lot other than wanting something sweet at night. 

Symptoms: My headaches and hip pain have gone away for the most part thankfully.  I still get headaches often but they are very mild, not even bad enough for Tylenol.  I definitely can't get up and move quickly anymore and if I do, I pay for it with a nice sharp ligament pain in my lower belly.  That's fun.  I started having Braxton Hicks contractions a few weeks ago, I was hoping those wouldn't happen early this time around but they actually started about a month earlier than with Hannah.  I just can't over do it at all.  No more pushing shopping carts or walking too much so Austin has had to pull double duty on most of the weekend chores we usually split up.  My cardiologist said I just need to sit and be a princess until the baby is born.  Easier said than done, that's for sure!  Speaking of cardiologist, I don't think I've mentioned this yet on the blog but my heart condition is back for round 2.  I'll explain more on that later.  

Best Moment this week: Seeing and feeling our little guy moving around!  That was my absolute favorite part of being pregnant with Hannah so I'm excited to finally be feeling him and seeing him party it up in there!  

This isn't a best moment but it's a moment I had the weekend before last; I sorted through all of Hannah's baby clothes to get rid of.  It was so sad!  I'm not going to lie, I ugly cried for like 10 mins (I started with the newborn clothes, rookie mistake!).  I'm so excited to have a little boy but at the same time it's sad that another little girl won't be wearing all of those clothes that Hannah made memories in.  I seriously had a memory for just about every outfit.  Maybe I'll just dress up little brother in some of her clothes.  ;)  No??  Ha.  Don't worry, he'll have his own cute wardrobe soon enough.  I even told Austin maybe we should keep them "just in case".  Considering our IVF journey is DONE he said I don't think we need to worry about not having girl clothes for another baby and if we do, we'll buy new ones.  I said but they won't be the SAME clothes Hannah wore.  He officially thinks I'm crazy now.  So, all of her cute clothes are already with Liz and baby Layla (I saved a few special outfits just for memory sake) and the rest are going in the garage sale.  I can promise you one thing, I already know I will end up taking a few things off the tables to keep.  I just know it.  Ha.  Maybe Austin's right and I am crazy after all.  ;)

This picture is kind of weird looking but when Hannah and I were at Tracy's for the weekend I took a picture because I could feel a large hard spot and I wanted to see what it looked like.  You think you can tell where the little guy is??  Haha!  He was sticking way out from the rest of my belly!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not crazy. I saved way too much from my "girls" as you we'll know. Love Lainey.

Chani said...

I can't tell you enough how excited I am for you. I think about you all the time, and I hope you're doing your best to stay relaxed! Praying for your heart condition too... Lots of love, Kelly! Xoxo!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers