Saturday, May 1, 2010

DIY – Burlap Spring Wreath

Saturday afternoon I didn’t have anything to do so I decided to make a burlap wreath (random, I know).  I got the idea from a crafty blog and thought it seemed easy enough.  Here is a tutorial on how to make one if you’d like!  It’s SUPER easy!

The players:
Burlap (4 ft)
Scrapbooking brads (100)
Material (3 squares)
Scissors
Glue gun
Foam wreath
048

Next you cut about 4 inches wide of burlap down the length of the material.  Hot glue it to the wreath and wrap it around.

051

Then draw & cut circles, this takes the longest amount of time.  About 50 of each 2 in. and 3 in. circles.  You can overlap to make it go by quicker.  Make sure you also use a sophisticated measuring tool like I did.  It’s very important!  ;)  Actually that coffee mug worked out great for the difference in sizes that I needed.  Then cut out about 25 2 in. and 3 in. circles from each of the material squares.

052

After cutting out all the circles, place the brads in the center and just start making the “flowers”!  Super easy.

054 

Final flowers

055

Glue all of the flowers onto the wreath in a random order.  Just try to spread out the colors a bit.

The final product!

056

What do you think?

058

059

Total time making this wreath : 2 hours
Total cost: $20.26

Now that I’ve made one I know what to expect so I can get a little more creative and have a better idea of what colors will look good.  So, what do you think?  I’m pretty pleased with it since it was such a quick and easy project.  :)

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I like it! Make me one.

Jacs

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers