Thursday, February 24, 2011


Ok, so I don't know if Austin or I has broken a mirror or walked under a ladder lately but our luck has been just crazy!  After the fire last week I thought we were all good for the rest of the year, that the fire was the last of the string of bad luck, but NOOO!!  Saturday we went to a friends wedding and came home around 10 and pretty much went right to bed because we're lame.  Austin woke me up at 3am saying his back hurt.  Uh oh...  I gave him some Tylenol and he went to the other room so I could go back to sleep.  I couldn't sleep because I was worried since he woke me up to tell me about a back ache and for him to wake me up he must have really been hurting.  When I got in the other room he was on the floor leaning against the bed saying the thought he might have a KIDNEY STONE!  No lie.  My first reaction was actually to laugh in shock and say "NO WAY, this CAN NOT be happening!"  He laughed/winced in pain and I said "ok, we're going to the emergency room NOW!"  He wanted to wait to see if it got any better.  By 3:45 he couldn't take it anymore and we headed to the ER.  By that point he couldn't even sit up or get comfortable at all (I am all too familiar with this situation and felt so bad for him, especially knowing that it was only going to get worse if he didn't get pain meds ASAP).  He got checked in and the Dr immediately said it was kidney stones and got him hooked up to an IV and he got the good drugs.  He was happy.  So happy that he kept going on and on to the nurse about how awesome the drugs were.  As soon as the nurse walked out I told him to quit talking about it because they were going to take the drugs away from him!  Ha!  Anyways, after a CT Scan they couldn't find a stone so he either passed it after he got the drugs or he had a back problem which made no sense to me.  We finally got home around 8am with some pain meds and he slept all day and was just sore from the back spasms.  On Monday we went to his regular Dr and he said he must have passed the stones before the CT Scan because everything pointed in that direction.  I just can't believe in less than 4 months we BOTH got kidney stones!! 
So, please pray that we are out of the woods with all this crazy bad luck!
Oh, and Austin wants me to point out to anyone who asks that he hasn't been to the Dr since 2009 and it was a few years before then that he had gone as well.  Seriously, between the two of us we've seen the ER more times in the past year or two than we've ever seen since sports injuries when we were kids! 


Stephanie said...

I can't believe all that you two have gone through in the last several months! It's almost comical if it wasn't happening in real life. I hope you are both on the mend for a long time! :)

Chani said...

NO WAY! Ooooh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about y'all's luck. Stay healthy, Townsend's!!