Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One Year Ago...

One year ago today our lives were changed forever.  We got the news that we'd all anxiously been waiting to hear, I was pregnant!  I remember that day so clearly.  I had only been home from the hospital from my kidney stones incident for four days and I was back at the doctors office getting my blood taken, then off to my regular acupuncture appointment (that would continue until I was 12 weeks pregnant), then a stop by Tracy's to see Miss Leah and back home to wait for the phone to ring.  Every single time my phone rang that day (and it rang a LOT because all of my family and close friends knew we were getting the news that day) my heart would drop thinking it was the dr's office calling.  Nurse Allison finally called at 3:30 while I was sitting on the couch distracting myself with some Beverly Hills 90210 (ironically it was the episode where Janet tells Steve she's pregnant, I'll never forget that!) and told me my blood test results were in and I was pregnant!  Dr H called not much later to congratulate us and I just could not stop crying.  I seriously have never cried such happy tears in my life.  We had gone through the hardest year of our lives and to have it all end the way it did we couldn't have been happier.  So, 10 days after the embryo transfer, little Miss Hannah was growing by the day and it was just the beginning of the greatest thing that's ever happened to us!  

B and me impatiently waiting for Austin to get home to give him the good news!

B wearing his Big Brother shirt to surprise his Daddy with the news

A year later we get to spend every day with this sweet baby girl and we couldn't be happier!

Hannah Lee you are the greatest gift your Daddy and I ever could have received and we love you SO much!  We smile every time we see you and never could have imagined love this big.  Your smile warms our hearts and your squeals and coos are music to our ears.  You ended 2010 on the highest note for us and 2011 has been better every day.  We love you baby girl!

What a difference a year makes!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers