Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rock-A-Bye Baby Shower

Two weeks ago a few girls and I hosted a Rock-N-Roll themed baby shower at my house for our friend Liz and baby Adelina (due date is Christmas Eve!).  Liz is one of my oldest and bestest friends and is probably the funniest person I've ever met so it was a lot of fun getting to throw her a shower.  We worked hard to make sure there was food she loves, drinks she loves (when she's not preggers) and a theme she loves since she has never been one to shy away from a personal concert.   

Champagne cocktails bar

Lindsey found someone on Etsy who made the invitations and all the accessories to go with it.  Gotta love Etsy!
Popcorn favors for the pop star momma!

I found the cutest guitar diaper cake (also on Etsy) for the mommy-to-be placed right along with her all time favorite foods - beef jerky and pickles!  The only thing missing was a plate of cheese.  Liz has quite a mature palate.  ;)  Hey, you like what you like! 

Yummy cupcakes

Rock-a-bye baby invite

Adelina's own water bottles!

Mommy-to-be!

I can't wait for Hannah and Adelina to grow up together!  Liz and I have big plans for these girls, they are going to be best friends, they just don't know it yet!  :)

Lots of yummy food

Amber got our girls the cutest little ruffle bottoms

I made Liz some burp cloths and I've never really appreciated how large they are until now since Hannah spits up all over the place these days.

To go along with the theme, I got Adelina some rock star clothes for both mom and dad

Liz got a ton of great gifts including this NKOTB onesie!  Gotta love old school boy bands 

Liz rockin' it out

Mommy-to-be with her hostesses

Me, Liz and Lindsey.  Our friendship began a LOOONG time ago when Lindsey and I took Liz to the movies one night and we've stayed close ever since!

Congratulations Liz!!  I can't wait for sweet little Lina to arrive and for you to get to experience how special motherhood is.  It's the best thing in the world and you are going to be such a great mommy to your baby girl. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great time and a well thought out shower! Those ruffle bottoms are too cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh, and PS - I nominated you for an award on my blog!

Heather said...

Our son's room has the rock star theme to it! I just came across your blog and wanted to say HI and I'll be following your blog! You have a sweet, beautiful baby!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers