Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cookoff Time!

A few weeks ago was Austin's big event of the year, the rodeo cookoff!  I've blogged about this every year since I started the blog and it's always a good time.  It's a little different these days for me now that Hannah comes with me but it's still a lot of fun! 

I headed up to cookoff Friday for lunch and got to hang out with everyone before the CRAZY crowd came that evening!  It is PACKED at night time out there!  One in the tent/one out kind of thing.  One of the local news stations came by both Friday and Saturday and featured a story on the team!  They were on the news 3-4 times over the weekend.  Austin made it on the small screen!


Spam and Cliff being "reporters" 

Saturday morning CiCi, Papa C, Hannah and I headed to the rodeo cookoff!  Hannah was super excited about going as you can see here.

One of the first things Cindy saw when we walked into cookoff was THIS guy!  Phillip!!  You may remember seeing his picture from last years cookoff.  Phillip was wearing the EXACT same outfit this year.  No shirt and all.  We have no idea who this guy knows to get into our tent but he's a trip.  It was icing on the cake that he was pushing around a stroller with his grandson in it all day.  Of course I had to walk straight over to the guy and ask for a picture with him.  He's hilarious.  It would probably seem strange to do that with a normal person but Phillip is anything but normal and I know he was happy for the attention.  ;)

After all the Phillip excitement we were at the tent.  Each year the tent is getting bigger!


Me with my baby in 2012

Her outfit was so cute last year that I bought the same fabric and had my mom make her one for this year too.  :)  I "helped" a little...  Ha.  Look at how much bigger she is now!!

The best family pic I could get

Some of the guys hard at work.  Trust me, when it gets later in the day there is none of this going on!

This little guy is everywhere.

The beer supply for the day arrived while we were there.  This is just for ONE day!  There actually might be more....  They serve thousands of people in the three days of cookoff!

They have a serious smoker set up

Lunchbox with his oh-so-classy shirt on.  Ha!


Little munchkin trying to find all the trouble

She found it, stairs!

Wearing Pops' hat looking cute!

Lainey and Hannah

The guys won 3rd place for their dessert entry!!  That is HUGE because there are over 100 entries!  Their cast iron skillet sopapilla cheesecake is YUUUUMMY!

Hannah exploring the place with Papa C

Cindy and Austin

Me and Austin

Getting sleepy on Papa

Cutie

The best pic I could get of Katie and me with our girls

Aunt Rach and soon-to-be Uncle Dean came to play!

Aunt Rachel is so funny

This girl LOVES her some Dean!  He makes her laugh and laugh.

Smiling for Dean

Too cool for school

My girl Liz and me

After about four hours we had to head out so someone could get a nap.  She was starting to get a little tired from her busy day.  She loves wearing her sunglasses and wore them the whole way back to the car.

On the ride home...  Poor baby.

Another successful cookoff!  It is such a fun time and when it's over it takes about a year to be ready for the next one!  Great job Smokin' Amigos!!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers