Monday, March 25, 2013

Six Years!

Six years ago yesterday we said "I do" in front of over 250 of our family and friends!  It's hard to believe that SIX years has already passed!  It's also hard to believe how many people we had to cut from our wedding list yet still had that many people there...my how things would be different now, ha! 

These two crazy 20-something year old kids are now living very different lives than six years ago!   

Our anniversary weekend started off with us going separate ways actually.  Our neighbors/friends are moving to Denver next week so Friday night the boys went out for a last night out while the girls and the kids had a night in.  Sounds unfair but trust me, we had the better night.  We actually were still having fun when the boys made it back to the house.  So, basically, we won the night.  You know, if it were a competition....  ;) 

I brought some cupcakes over to start the night off right!  Somewhere in the 11 o'clock hour these cupcakes were devoured.  And worth every single calorie.

Before that we watched the kids play.  These phone pics are pretty bad because these kids are FAST!  Hannah had SO much fun with her little BFFs.  Mallory is her all time favorite and I'm still dreading the final goodbye this week with these two.  Ava (or "EVA!" as Hannah calls her) is the leader and her little brother Jacob is still just trying to keep up with all these girls!   

So much fun in the now empty dining room! 

After a fun night with our friends Hannah and I ran some errands on Saturday morning while Daddy did yard work.   I got at least 10 comments on how cute she is in the hour we were out.  I have to agree.  Love her!

Reading a toddlers Bible during a Sam's trip.  You know, the norm.  ;) 

Usually for our anniversary we go out somewhere nice for dinner but this year when Austin asked me where I wanted to go I said "is it weird that I want to go eat crawfish on a patio somewhere?"  Of course he was up for that instead of a fancy, expensive dinner.  We invited Katie and Lunchbox along with us and had a fun night! 

On Sunday I knew I wanted to spend our actual anniversary with my two loves and not have real plans.  We woke up and headed to the park and quickly realized that a cold wind had arrived so we only stayed for about 30 minutes. 

Happy girl running to play

So much to do! 

Her face is funny here but I promise, she had a blast going down the many slides! 

I see you Daddy! 

Love! 

Swing time 

Her face here cracks me up.  I'm not sure what she's doing but she was loving picking up lots of sticks. 

Later in the afternoon after naptime we went outside to blow bubbles and draw on the patio. 

That picture is pretty much when the fun ended.  Ha!  About an hour later Hannah suddenly threw up all over the place so she got a bath and seemed fine.  A little while later Austin and I made a nice dinner of steak, sauteed mushrooms, potatoes, etc and about two minutes after sitting down to eat little one got sick again.  So, our nice anniversary dinner got put on hold for a while so we could do bath time again and clean all that up.  She of course seems fine now!  Poor baby.  And poor Mommy and Daddy...  We just kept laughing about how different anniversaries are now.  Even with the yucky ending I wouldn't have it any other way.  :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend your anniversary weekend - friends, family, and yummy food. Minus Hannah getting sick of course. :( Do her shoes ever stick when she goes down the slide? Chloe's do and she ends up head first!

Kelly said...

Stephanie, we haven't had any issues with her shoes getting stuck yet luckily. She slides down pretty quickly!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers