Saturday, June 25, 2011

34 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of baby: Hannah is about the weight of a cantaloupe, around 4 3/4 lbs and about 18 inches long
Total Weight Gain: 20 lbs
Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes
Gender: GIRL!!! Hannah Lee Townsend
Movement: Lots of movement! I think she was in the same position for a while and then the other night she changed positions completely.  At least I think...  She was VERY busy on Monday night doing something, it felt like she was moving positions.
Sleep: I'm still falling asleep super easy and early but I'm waking up before the alarm every morning, one day I woke up three hours early again.  Not happy about that.
Cravings: Sweets
What I Miss: Moving around like a normal person. It's getting harder and harder to move around these days.
Symptoms: Heartburn daily now, absent mindedness (I told Austin that "I can't remember in my memory" a few weeks ago.  He still laughs about it.  I don't know why I said that but I guess I felt the need to clarify that remembering things requires your memory...), swelling, shortness of breath, BH contractions, etc.  This week has definitely been the hardest one of my pregnancy so far.  I did too much over the weekend and spent WAY too much time in the car and I just HURT by the time Sunday rolled around.  When I woke up on Monday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, my entire body hurt.  That was our last road trip until after Hannah arrives though so hopefully I can just take it easy for the next six weeks.  My feet swelling reached an all time high this week also, I took a picture but my feet look so nasty I'm not showing it here!  Ha!  My finger swelling is crazy too.  They aren't huge, they just HURT at the joints, especially in the mornings.  It takes a while before I can bend my fingers or make a fist.
Best moment this week: My baby shower over the weekend!  It was absolutely perfect and the girls did such a great job putting it together!  Miss Hannah is one loved baby girl!  :)

I visited the cardiologist this week again and he said "so, you're going to be delivery in the next 4-5 weeks!".  I sat there and probably looked like a deer in headlights and said "No!  I have 6 weeks left!"  He just kind of chuckled at me.  I guess Hannah will be arriving when she wants to but I'm having a hard time realizing it really could be any day/week now, I'm so excited to meet her but we still have so much to do before she gets here!  I'm going to be packing my bag for the hospital this weekend and we got Hannah's cord blood kit in this week so I guess it is really coming soon!  

2 comments:

TheHarughtys said...

Kelly-
You are soooo precious! I can't wait to see Hannah, and pictures from the shower. Love ya-Sam

michelle ellis said...

You look great! I know this part is rough. But, in a few months you will have forgotten all about how uncomfortable you are. I was looking at some of my maternity pictures the other day and had trouble remembering what that big belly felt like :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers