Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hannah's Birthday

The day after Hannah's birthday party was her actual birthday.  Austin left super early that morning to go fishing with my Dad but Papa, CiCi, Rachel and Dean all hung out with us in the morning and we had breakfast and watched Despicable Me together.  Hannah LOVES Despicable Me and always wants to watch that or Tangled.  We had a great morning just hanging out with our special girl. 

I also had a fun day planned for us after everyone left!  Hannah and I were going to have a little girls day together and just enjoy her birthday doing whatever we felt like next.  I got a bag full of snacks ready and told her we were going to the movies to see Despicable Me 2!  She was so excited I think just because I was making it sound like it was so much fun.  :)  We made it to the first movie of the day at 10:30 and she was SO excited when we got out of the car.  It was adorable.  She was running into the theater saying "Hannah moomie!  Despipable ME!"

Of course I had to stop and take a pic of her in front of the movie poster.  And yes, her black eye was a TRUE black eye by that morning.  People stared.  Whatever.  I promise she was excited, she just got distracted by a truck that drove by.  Ha.


She was so cute when we walked in to the theater.  She yelled "Ooooh!  It's coooold Mommy!"  She was right, it was freezing.  I guess they really blast those theaters with air overnight and as the day goes on it gets warmer.  Luckily she had pants on and I brought her a sweater.  Mommy, on the other hand was wearing shorts but I had a little 99 degree furnace on my lap to keep me warm.  :)

My attempt at a pre-movie selfie.  She wasn't scared at all, she just got upset when she saw her eye in the phone screen.  Sad.  :(


This is when the previews started.  She was amazed!  No time for pictures Mommy!


I snuck this one at some point.  No, my phone didn't flash so I didn't bother any of the other 20 people in the theater.  ;)  She was SO into the movie!  I fully expected to go, pay for us both to see it and have to leave an hour into it but she did GREAT!!  She sat in my lap until probably the last 15 minutes and then she wandered to the seat next to me for about a minute and then was back.  We watched the entire movie and it was SO cute!  Even better than the first in my opinion.  It's awesome going to a kids movie too because every now and then she would yell something out at the screen in excitement and no one cared.  A few other kids did the same and there was a kid who cried at one point but really, no one cared since we're all in the same boat there.  I like that.  :)


Of course we had to go into the photo booth to take the cheesy pics after the movie!  Tracy made me laugh when she pointed out that it was funny it says "Mommy loves me" right next to a picture of Hannah's shiner.  Ha.  Hey, that shiner was 100% not my fault!


Since the movie went so well I decided to keep her birthday celebrations going and head to Build-A-Bear for the first time!  We checked out all the animals on the wall and Hannah wanted the cute puppy.


Getting her puppy a heart.


Filling him with stuffing!


Rubbing his heart on her arm.  I can't remember why.  Maybe so he'll have her love or something??


Anxiously waiting for the nice lady to sew him up!


She loved giving him a bath!  It was so cute, she's at a great age for this.


So, we walked around looking at all the cute outfits for her puppy.  She got excited about them and then....then she saw the Tangled outfit.  And it was over.  There was nothing I could do to change her mind.  "Mommy Tangled!  Tangled dress Mommy!"  Ok, my sweet birthday girl, you can have the Tangled outfit.  We are now the owners of the strangest looking dog that ever came out of Build-A-Bear.  She couldn't be more proud.  :)  Rapunzel has somehow mysteriously lost her hair now.... I wonder if it had anything to do with how it shed all over our house.  ;) 


After we got home Hannah wanted to do a little painting.  She's wearing her winter hat, necklace, one sock and a baby headband around one leg.  I love this girl and her silly personality!


We had the best day together!  I love you sweet Hannah Lee and I look forward to spending every birthday with you!  Happy 2nd birthday!!
 


2 comments:

Annsterw said...

What a great day! I love build a bear and I am OLD! HA HA

Stephanie said...

This sounds like the best day ever! How fun that she enjoyed the movie. Chloe likes watching movies at home too but I don't know how long she'd sit still in a theater. And that build a bear is just awesome!! Happy birthday Hannah!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers