Friday, July 29, 2011

39 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 39 Weeks
Size of baby: Hannah is about the size of a watermelon, BIG!  The Dr thinks she's about 8 lbs right now!  YIKES!!  
Total Weight Gain: 22 lbs 
Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes
GenderGIRL!!! Hannah Lee Townsend
Movement: Hannah loves moving around but she's out of room in there!  Her movements are big and they hurt a lot of the time now.  I think she's trying to get out of there half the time.  
Sleep: What's sleep??  I'm so exhausted from lack of sleep and I know it hasn't even begun yet!  I wake up several times throughout the night and if I'm lucky I go back to sleep within a few minutes.  Usually I'm not lucky though. :(  I've been having more labor symptoms that are keeping me up at night.  
Cravings: Sweets, ice cream
What I Miss: Moving around like a normal person and sleeping through the night
Symptoms: Heartburn ALL THE TIME, absent mindedness, swelling, shortness of breath, LOTS of BH contractions.  Since I've gone on rest the swelling is SO much better!  We had our weekly appt Tuesday and my Dr said I was 70% effaced!  Woo hoo, progress!  0 cm dilated though.  Sadness.  She has started dropping too and believe me, I can tell!  
Best moment this week: Hearing that Hannah could be coming any moment/day now from the Dr!  I was SOOO glad baby girl held off in there until my Dr got back from out of town on Monday!  Austin and I really like her and just felt so much more comfortable knowing she most likely will be the one delivering Hannah and helping me through the process.  We talked to her about what the plan was on monitoring my heart throughout labor and how the situation would be handled if my heart rate gets too high so we feel better about that now.  It's a good thing I already knew I wanted an epidural because I don't think I'd have much of a choice with the heart condition.  My Dr said I will need to get it early on to help control my heart rate and I surely wasn't going to fight her on that decision!  The less pain I'm in the better!  She also said that Hannah needs to come OUT!  Austin told me that night he wasn't sure who wants the baby out more, me or Dr J.  She said she's plenty big enough and she is hoping I'll go into labor on my own before my next appt on Tuesday.  

I never thought I'd be ready before my due date but I am now!  We literally have done everything we can do to get ready for her arrival.  We even went around the house last weekend touching up paint just for something to do.  I'm weird like that though, every few months I walk around the house for several hours inspecting every door, wall, trim, etc and clean the scuff marks or paint it to touch it up.  Austin is not a fan of this practice but he helped me this time.  :)  So, Hannah, come on baby girl!!  


No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers