Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Five Years!

This past Saturday was Austin and my FIVE year wedding anniversary!  I can't believe it's already been five years since we said "I do"!  So much has changed in these past five years.  We're in our 30s now, we're parents, we own a house to name a few.   

We had a great time, Lainey and Pops came over to babysit Hannah and they had a blast!  Hannah was passed out by 7pm, exhausted from showing off all her best moves while we were away.  We started the afternoon off with The Hunger Games!  That's right, I got Austin to come see it with me.  :)

Ready for date night!

We couldn't leave without a picture with our munchkin!  She was too busy wanting to play with Pops to be bothered to smile for the camera.

Ready for The Hunger Games!  I read all the books, LOVED them!!  Austin had heard enough about them that he didn't mind coming to see the movie with me.  It was pretty good!

The theater has a photo booth so since it was our anniversary we had to take some pics!  First pic is kisses, second is normal smiles and the third is us being "serious".  I'm not very good at pretending to be serious in situations like that so I'm fighting a smile in the pic.  We laughed pretty hard and then came out of the booth to wait on our pics to print and realized that there is a tv on the outside of the booth displaying everything that was being said/faces that we made/discussions about what face to make/me checking my hair, etc while we were in there.  I was SO embarrassed!!  Ha!  Oh well, we had fun anyways.  They provided a link and code to go to to view the video.  It's pretty funny. 

After the movies we headed out for an awesome dinner at a nice restaurant.  We ate SO much and had a great time.  It was so nice not to have to pick up rattles, little hand toys off the ground every two minutes that a certain little munchkin likes to throw down when we're out to eat.  We could actually finish a conversation without being side tracked!  All day we kept saying "this time five years ago we were doing this....".  It was fun to remember that day.

Our yummy dessert!  A little sample of some of their favorite dishes.  Delish!

We had planned on coming home and watching the highlights from our wedding video but we forgot by the time we got home.  I'll blame it on the food coma we were in.  It was a great day and we had so much fun celebrating five years of marriage together!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on 5 years of marriage! What a fun milestone to hit. Glad you were able to get out as a couple and enjoy each others company.

Mom said...

I don't know who had more fun. Your Dad and I or you and Austin!LOVE. MOM

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers