Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Seven Months Old!

My sweet baby girl, you are SEVEN months old!!!  SLOW DOWN!  This month has really shown us just how quickly you grow and learn.  It seems like last month you were still a little baby and this month you are becoming a big girl.  You are just SO much more advanced this month and very independent!  We love that about you but we wish you would stay our tiny little baby girl a little bit longer.  You are really becoming so much fun with each day. 

Hannah, here is what you've been up to in your seventh month!

Sleep: You are still a great sleeper and you had a big milestone this month, no more swaddling!  You took the change like a champ and seemed unfazed by it and are doing great in a sleep sack.  I tried around five months to quit swaddling you and you just weren't ready yet but this month you did great.  You are still going to sleep around 7:15-7:30 and sleep until 5-6am during the week and usually between 6-7am on the weekends.  As much as I'd love you to sleep in longer on the weekends I'm really happy that you're an early bird at night because that gives me time to get you ready for the next day after you're asleep so that I can spend all my time with you while you're awake.  You now have breathable bumpers in your crib since you're not swaddled and move ALL OVER your crib each night!  I didn't fully understand the importance of breathable bumpers until now.  Sometimes I will go check on you or look at the monitor and you have your face right up to the bumper.  It makes me feel much better knowing that you are able to sleep however you like while still being safe.  Daddy doesn't make fun of me for buying them anymore either now that he sees that. :)  You're taking better naps at daycare on most days.  Between 2-3 naps for a total of 3-4 hours each day.  Your teachers say that sometimes you fuss in the beginning but you always give in and go to sleep.

One of your positions that makes Mommy nervous.  I have no idea how this was comfortable to you.  After I took this picture I moved your head to the side.

Daily Routine: Your daily routine consists of playing all day with your friends and eating/napping. You are usually the first one to your class at 6:30am and I pick you up before 5pm. You have three bottles a day at daycare, eat breakfast that I send with you and usually take three naps (two short ones and one long one on most days). At the end of the day we head home, you nurse and then have a fruit and veggie that I made for you and then Daddy gets home and it's bath time (your favorite!) and then you eat again and you're out for the night.  Each night before bathtime your Daddy and I play with you on our bed for a few minutes. You love scooting across the bed to each one of us or to the remote control.  You just giggle and squeal, it's so cute.  On the weekends we just spend as much time as possible playing with you and enjoying our time with you because you are growing SOOO fast!! 
Feed: You still love nursing and love to eat pretty much at anytime. You get bottles during the day while I'm at work and you take those great. You get two bottles of formula each day in addition to your breast milk bottles (6oz each) and nursing. At daycare you hold your own bottle. You are just the happiest little baby when you're eating but definitely are moving around a lot more while I'm feeding you. Any sudden noise distracts you from eating and you turn your head towards it. You eat a fruit with oatmeal mixed in every morning and a fruit and veggie every night, sometimes I mix rice cereal into your veggies.  You get really excited when I put you in your chair and you watch me prepare your dinner and kick your legs around.  

Weight: 17 lbs 

Length: I'm guessing probably 27"

Diaper Size: You are in the last of your size 2 Pampers

Clothes Size: You're in 6 month sizes mostly.

Hair Color: We're still not really sure what your hair color is. It will look light brown/blondish but then in the sun it looks reddish, it seems to be getting lighter lately. You're eyebrows are still light and have a red tint to them so who knows! I don't think your hair is growing anymore.  Or it's just growing very slowly.

Eye color: Your eye color is kind of a mystery also, it's a dark gray color but they look green in the light.

Funniest moment:  Sweet girl you have SO many funny moments!  You make your Daddy and I laugh every single day.  You are just so silly and have so much fun!  Your teachers always comment on how happy you are and how you think everything is just so funny.  The other babies will just crawl over you (literally, just crawl over you like you're a part of the floor) and you just laugh so hard.  I love that about you, you don't sweat the small stuff.  Not really sure how much you'd be "sweating" at seven months but you're pretty easy going.  You get that from your Daddy.

I walked out of the room for probably one minute total and when I came back in, this is what I saw.  You are a quick and sneaky little thing!

You were busy trying to climb over our wedding scrapbook that has been in that spot for the last five years.  We will be finding a new place to display it from now on.

What's up Mommy?  I'm just trying to get to the kitchen, I know that's where you keep the yummy stuff!

Milestone: You can now pull yourself up in a standing position!  You are such a big girl!!  You will grab onto Daddy's fingers and just lift yourself up or pull yourself up while holding onto a toy.  We baby proofed the house this month for you so all corners are padded and all outlets are covered.  We just have to put the locks on the cabinet doors.
Your favorite toy: You still love your jumperoo and play in it every day for quite a while.  I think right now you enjoy your piano the most out of all your toys.  When I pull it out for you to play with you get really excited and squeal with excitement.  Your very favorite thing right now that's not really a toy is the TV remote or Mommy's phone.  You LOVE both of those things and crawl over super fast to them when we put them down for you.  If I'm nursing you and you spot the remote you will stop what you're doing and immediately lunge for the remote.  We stayed at a hotel this weekend and we made sure that you did NOT touch that remote!  Everything that you touch goes directly into your mouth.  EVERYTHING!!!  So basically, anything that goes into random strangers hands is off limits to you sweet baby girl. 

Not really the correct way to play the piano but apparently she thinks it tastes good upside down.

Some of your firsts this month were:
First rodeo cookoff (blurry phone pic)
Roadtrip with Haley
First hotel stay - it was apparently very sunny in the hotel room
First (and second) time with a babysitter (two different sitters on different days)  You did great with both of them!
Pulling yourself up and standing against a sturdy object

We stayed a night with Lainey and Pops while Daddy was gone and that was when I discovered that you could pull yourself up on your knees.


Here are some outtakes from your seven month photo shoot.  These are getting harder each month to do!

Giving your lamb some sugar

Lots of sugar...

I took the lamb away to try to eliminate the distraction.  Yeah....she just decided to try to lunge off the chair instead.

Sweet girl about to move

Daddy wouldn't let her fly off the chair.  She got upset.  Check out that face she's giving him!  Ha!

My life is SO unfair!


So mad!  This lasted about 10 seconds and then she decided she wasn't mad anymore.  She probably saw Brody walk by, she's easily distracted.  ;)

Hannah Lee you are just the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life!  Your Daddy and I are constantly being complimented on how happy and sweet you are wherever we go.  We love you more than words can say and we thank God for you every day. 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is such a big girl! So did I understand this right, she's crawling now too? When did our newborns become actual moving babies?? Big news on losing the swaddle, we did that too in the last couple of weeks. I can't get over how much she's on the move! Wow!!

Stephanie said...

Oh, and does she have two teeth now too?? I thought I spotted them in the second to last picture. That lip is just the saddest thing ever... :(

Kelly said...

Stephanie, yes she got two teeth in the same week at 4.5 months! She's been scooting all over the place for about a month, she's just getting quicker now and more adventurous.

Anonymous said...

Cute post! My mom has pictures of me climbing through an end table just like that! Except my fat butt got a little stuck ;-)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers