Monday, August 8, 2011

The End is NEAR!!!

So, this morning Austin and I headed back to the Dr for Hannah's non-stress test.  Apparently this girl is WAY too relaxed because she didn't want to have anything to do with being monitored.  She slept the entire time and wouldn't move which is something they were monitoring her for.  My Dr checked me again and once again, not dilated AT ALL.  :(  She sent me over to the hospital to get Hannah checked out further to make sure she's still ok in there.  We had a biophysical profile done which is basically an ultrasound to measure her amniotic fluid, her movement, make sure she's practicing breathing, etc.  If she didn't pass 100% then my Dr was going to send me directly to labor & delivery and we'd get the induction started.  I'm not going to lie, I was semi-hoping she'd score 95%, I'm miserable!  But, our girl is stubborn and just didn't feel like moving on command this morning apparently because she passed her test with a perfect score and we're back at home.  Not before finding out her estimated weight though....  Drum roll please.......little Miss Hannah isn't so little.  She's approximately 9 lbs 4 oz and off the charts in all areas of size!  Yep, that's right, she's over 9 lbs.  No wonder I'm miserable!!  I have to say, my mood went south from there.  I was shocked that she was THAT big.  This has been my fear for a long time considering Austin was 9 lbs 9 oz but my Dr never thought Hannah would end up that big.  Well, she was wrong.  So, we head to the hospital Wednesday evening and start the induction process.  After getting the report and seeing her size, we may be switching up the labor plan but we'll see how it goes and won't really know until we're there.  So now we just wait more and hope for a smooth delivery!  Sometime on Thursday we'll finally be able to meet our baby girl!

2 comments:

Chani said...

I'm sooo anxious to see pics of your little princess! You're so close, Kelly!! :)

Stephanie said...

Eek, so excited for you!! And could that measurement still be a pound off? Hopefully a pound in one direction only, but either way, you cooked a big healthy girl! How crazy that this is your last night at home just the two of you. Do something special!! Thinking of you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers