Saturday, August 20, 2011

One Week Old!

Our sweet baby girl is already one week old!  Well, yesterday she was a week old but I don't know how "on time" I'm going to be these days with the blog so it's just a little late.  Miss Hannah likes to remind me who's in charge around here as far as time goes!

One week old!
August 18, 2011

We've had the greatest week with her!  We came home from the hospital on Monday when she was four days old and had Austin's mom here with us until yesterday.  She was a HUGE help!  She's coming back next week to help us out some more especially since Austin is going back to work.  Sadness.  :(  So, we're on our own for now and it's going great!

Hannah, during your 1st week you:
  • LOVE to eat!!  You will cluster feed at times and want to eat every hour for a few hours about once a day.  This makes for a very worn out Mommy but that's ok, I know you'll develop more of a pattern soon.  When you don't do that we usually have to wake you up to eat.
  • Sleep like a CHAMP at night!!  You don't wake up unless we wake you to feed you.  Daddy and I have a pretty good routine down.  His alarm goes off every three hours and I wake you up and feed  you and then pass you over and he burps you and wraps you back up and you go right back to sleep!  You go down for the night around 10-11pm and sleep until 7-8am.  We know we are very blessed for this!
  • Seem to reach a difficult hour most nights around 8 or 9pm.  You get very fussy and we're just trying to figure out what you need.  Most of the time we think it's because you need to burp but we're not always sure.  
  • Are so alert when you're awake!  You have great head control and like to lift your head up for several seconds at a time.  Daddy is working on tummy time with you everyday for about five minutes and you're so good at holding yourself up!
  • As of today you weigh 7lbs 15oz so you're doing great gaining your weight back!
  • You have peed on Daddy a few times and that makes me laugh pretty hard!  You also seem to like to make a messy diaper and let Daddy change it and then within five minutes you like to go potty again.  One morning I was changing you and I guess you weren't quite done because you "took care of business" on Mommy's hand.  I couldn't even finish changing your diaper because I was laughing so hard so Daddy finished it for me.  You are a sneaky one!
We are having so much fun with you and love watching you do your thing!  You are the sweetest baby and we just love you so much!  We have over 500 pictures of you already so I'll just show a few from your first week at home.

Katie and Lunchbox came to meet Hannah on Monday since they were out of town while we were in the hospital.  This picture cracks me up!

Baby girl loves her swing!

Check out that neck control!

Passed out!  She loves curling up in the fetal position

Hi Hannah!

Hannah's stork

Talking to us

Pretty

Hannah, CiCi and Brody.  Yes, B is still here!  He just gets less picture time.  ;)  He's doing great with her, he just kind of follows me around and every now and then he sniffs and kisses her.

Hannah sticking out her cute little tongue

Hannah and CiCi before she headed back home

Tummy time with Daddy and B!

She loved it

I have to give a major shout out to Austin for being so awesome all week!  He has been 100% hands on and has helped out with EVERYTHING!!  He's changed more diapers than I have!  When we were in the hospital I couldn't do much and I couldn't lift her or change her because it was really hard for me to get in/out of bed and move around and he changed every single diaper minus ONE!  He also burps her after each feeding and swaddles her and gets up with me during the night to help out.  He's the best Daddy and we're so lucky to have him!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think our girls look alike! And the blonde hair - how cute! You are definitely lucky that she is sleeping through the night. We've had a few rough nights where Chloe thinks it's time to play, but overall she hasn't been too bad. The couch has been my friend at night. Sounds like you are getting into a nice routine!

Chani said...

She is BEAUTIFUL, Kelly!!! Congrats!!

etphonehome21 said...

What an awesome little lady!!! It really is so great to see Austin with his little girl. You are both amazing parents and have only been doing it a week!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers