Thursday, August 18, 2011

Visitors & Hospital Stay

This is a long post because we had lots of visitors (we didn't get pics of everyone, oops), and a very long hospital stay!

Thursday after Hannah arrived Jan and Shannon came by to meet her!  They also brought an awesome cookie bouquet that was sooo yummy!

Baby girl

Hannah with her little hat on.  Cuteness 

Liz and Chris stopped by to see Lena's future BFF!  They are expecting their little girl in just a few months!

Amber came back to see Hannah!

Uncle Ryan, Austin and Chris all entertained obviously 

Checking out baby girl

Pretty flowers from Lainey and Pops 

The nurses asked us to mark down the time of every feeding, wet and poopy diaper.  Before the 2nd nurse came in we took a pic of the 1st nights activities.  Baby girl had a LOT of poopy diapers that Daddy had to clean!

Sweet girl on her 2nd day

Getting her hearing test done.  She passed with flying colors!  She looks like she's jamming to an iPod.

Pretty girl all dressed up for her hospital pics.  She's in her going home outfit and is on the blanket that I had my hospital newborn pics on!

Holding Daddy's finger

Sleepy girl

Mommy and baby girl (this picture was taken late night obviously)

Uncle Jeff came by to meet the newest family member

Her face cracks me up

Lindsey and Hannah

Friday night we took our 1st walk around the maternity ward.  The 1st of many walks!  

Hannah's cookie bouquet!  There is even a dog in there so Brody isn't forgotten  :)

Daddy and his baby girl.  He is SOOOO in love with her, it's so sweet!

Some of Hannah's loot

Saturday I actually got dressed and ready for the day!   Austin gave me my present for having Hannah, a beautiful pink sapphire and diamond necklace and matching ring that I'm wearing here.  So pretty!

Mommy's new ring and the cutest little butterfly bottom I've ever seen! :)  That was the 1st outfit I bought after I found out Hannah was a girl!

Sweet Hannah hanging out with her Lainey.  She is such an alert baby, right from day one!  All the nurses who came by to check on her commented on what a good and advanced baby she was.  Staying in for an extra week will do that!  I loved their reactions when they'd see her too, they'd walk over and when they'd see her face they'd almost always say "Oh, she's so beautiful!".  I have to agree.  :)  Another thing that several of the nurses said to me was "I hear this is our miracle baby" or "I hear you waited a long time for her".  I don't know what was in her file or if my Dr told them about us or what but it's true, she's our miracle baby!  

Lainey, me and Hannah 

Pops and his newest granddaughter

Love her 

I like this picture because Austin took a picture with the camera and you can see on my cell phone that I had just taken a picture with my phone. We're obsessed.

Aunt Tracy snuggling with Hannah

So awake and pretty!

On Sunday Amber came back with her Mom 

Hannah with her door wreath that I made for her


Hannah loves her Daddy!

Saturday night they weighed Hannah and she was 7lbs 9oz (almost a full pound less than her birth weight) and she was a little high with her jaundice levels so they started having me supplement breast milk after nursing her.  Let me just say, this girl nurses like a champ!  If she had her way, I'd be nursing her every hour.  But her weight got back up an ounce in a day after nursing/finger feeding her and she's all good!  I would have to pump after nursing and use that milk for after her next feeding.  I'd stick my finger in her mouth and she'd suck on it and at the same time I'd put this syringe in her mouth and slowly push the milk in so she'd think she was nursing.

How sweet is this?  I'm finger feeding Hannah and she's holding onto her CiCi's finger.  Love it!

This picture makes me laugh, it looks like she's dancing a little jig! 

On Monday we were finally heading home!  Five nights in the hospital is plenty for the Townsend girls!  She wasn't too happy at first but cheered right up once the car got started.

Ready to go home!

First car ride!

Finally home!

Sweet Hannah Lee

Hannah's stork

We are so happy to be home with our baby girl!  She is just precious and such a sweet baby!!  Austin's mom stayed with us until today and she's coming back next week and is such a HUGE help!  It's been a great first week!

2 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

I love the close up picture of Hannah with you in the back. So cool! And I didn't realize Cindy was going to be called CiCi. Both of your mom's have fun "Grandmas names". I'll be back to visit soon :) Love ya'll!!

etphonehome21 said...

Double dang on the Mommy present!!! So beautiful. I loved all the pics and descriptions! I can't wait to meet her.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers