Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Week - Part Two, The Ranch

Austin and I made the short flight to the Valley on Tuesday to spend time with the Townsend side of the family.  We had a great time and started the visit off with 14 of us taking a trip to the ranch that is only about an hour away from town in McCook.  Here is a pic of the house, it's really nice there and always fun to go visit. 


These "wind chimes" crack me up.


I love this wooden post.  It has one of the boys teeny tiny little cowboy boots on it.  I don't know whose they are but they are so little!  It's cute. 


Just a little tree decorated up.  Christmas trees aren't the only trees that get ornaments!  ;)


I thought this was a cool cactus!


So, not everything is beautiful at the ranch...  This is a RAT that didn't make it.  Check that thing out!!  It's HUGE!!!  Disclaimer: No rats were harmed in the making of this blog post, it was like that when we got there!  Ha!


Check it out!  I caught the 1st fish of the day!  It's a 'bute isn't it?!  ;)  He's a bass fish and it took some convincing on Austin's part to get me to put my fingers in his mouth for this picture.  Lucky guy, he got to go right back to his buddies in the pond. 


Austin & I decided to take a Jeep ride around the ranch.  Aiden, Anthony & Elise came along with us.  They had a blast.


We found Cindy fishing while on our Jeep ride.  She's a fishing pro.  I've never seen someone have so much patience fishing, she can stay out there all day just waiting for fish to bite!


Funny picture, you can't really see it that well but George is up the road in the car checking on us to make sure we hadn't broken down in the Jeep.  He was driving backwards as we drove towards him.  We had a little issue getting it going before we took the drive.


Here are some of the calfs on the ranch.  They are so little compared to the big guys!  They just stare at you, so rude!  ;)


Luke & George catching a fish!


Mark is so funny.  He spent a good part of the afternoon like this, running around with a net in his hand catching grasshoppers for bait.  He got a few!


Ok, moving on to the SNAKE portion of this post!  OH.  MY.  GOSH.  This is just ridiculous, it probably deserves it's own post.  Ok, those of you who know me well know I'm not a fan of snakes.  My Dad has witnessed this 1st hand hearing me screaming at the top of my lungs for him from the back yard one summer when I came across a big one.  Beth has witnessed my panicked self calling her at 1am after leaving her house and I found a 3 footer at my back door when I was all alone one night (I slept with the lights on that night, I thought it would figure out a way into the house.  No lie).  But this guy can't even be put in the same category as those.  THANK GOD I didn't see it while I was at the ranch!!!  I love the ranch, let's just make that clear.  But when I go there I bring magazines and my nail polish to touch up my nails during down time.  Seriously, it's just who I am.   And I think everyone knows that because as we were pulling up to the ranch Grandma Townsend brings up this snake that Grandpa had seen THE DAY BEFORE.  Mind you, we had been in the car for an hour and the snake was just mentioned for the 1st time.  It was described to me as a "good snake".  My response is that there are NO good snakes!!  So here you go ladies and gentlemen, here is the "good snake" at the ranch. 


Grandpa Townsend and Zack found this guy right outside the house and took these pictures.


He's about 7 FEET LONG!!!!


Grandpa Townsend told me he could pass me up in a Kelly vs. Snake race for sure.  Yes, I actually asked him if I could out run it.  So, needless to say I was on FULL alert the entire time I was at the ranch! 


Next up, Christmas time in the Valley!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers