Thursday, February 5, 2015

Angel Run

Ok, it's finally happening.  I'm trying to get caught up on the blog!  I've taken on a HUGE undertaking the last few weeks and I've successfully organized my pictures and there were a TON!!  I've been working really hard on this between all of the pictures on my "good camera" and my iPhone (we're talking like over 10,000 pictures total).  It was one of those times when you're just so behind you don't want to start so I finally did it and hope to get caught up on the blog as well, it will just depend on when baby boy makes his arrival to see how far I get right now! 
 
So, last year I kept noticing people on social media, etc talking about running and how great they felt, how they never thought in a million years they would enjoy running, blah blah blah.  I thought about it and decided to take the challenge, I wanted to see what all the hype was about.  I HATE running.  H-A-T-E!  I was very athletic my entire childhood and played many different sports but I never participated in track as a sport so I just ran for warm-ups, etc.  In January I said this is it, I'm going to run.  I told Austin my plan and he said well, if you're going to run we need to have a goal so we signed up for a 5k in March.  I downloaded the Couch 2 5K app on my phone and every single day when I came home from work I would get on the treadmill and run.  That app is AMAZING by the way for anyone who wants to gradually reach a goal in running.  I seriously could not have done it without following that app.
 
The day finally arrived and it was time to participate in my first ever 5k!  This may not seem like a long distance to many people but I had never ran 3 miles at once in my entire life so this was a big accomplishment for me!  Unfortunately for Austin, he pulled his calf muscle that week so I was going solo for the run, he and Hannah were my cheering crew.  :)
 
I picked up my number and t-shirt a few days before the race!
 
 
Ready to go bright and early!

 
My view before I took off.  I ran with my phone since it was my music as well.  Austin likes to run in silence, I like music, it makes it go faster and helps keep me motivated. :)

 
After the race!  Hannah and Austin walked the one mile so she even got a medal!  Mommy's medal just looked a little different.  Austin didn't get a picture of me coming through the finish line because he was unprepared for how quickly I finished (that's what he said).  Haha.  It was funny, I was running in and they were announcing my arrival and he was fumbling for his phone to get a pic.  I'm just too fast!  ;)

 
My cheering crew!

 
I finished!  It was a great race, it was just hard because there were hills that I don't think anyone was expecting!  Not huge hills, but not teeny tiny ones either. 

 
Hannah finished too!

 
My sweet girl and me. :)

 
Our friends Amanda and Mallory ran too!  Maggie ran the 1 mile with her Dad, Austin and Hannah.

 
My stats.  Not too bad for my first run!  I came in 6th for females in my age range.

 
Fun morning

 
This is a little out of order but Austin took this as soon as I finished the race.  Love this picture!

 
Right before the run started

 
It was a great morning and I'm so happy I did it!  Something I definitely never thought I'd do!  We ran another one in April and as soon as I'm cleared for running in a few months I'm going to gear up for some later in the year.  I decided that all those people who say they LOVE running are liars though.  Running is flipping terrible.  It's how you feel from running that you get addicted to.  That's my opinion at least.  I still don't like running, it's hard and I'm tired but I feel amazing once it's done!  It's strangely addicting.  That makes sense, right?? ;)
 

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers