Thursday, February 5, 2015

Baby T#2 37 Weeks


Disclaimer: I wrote most of this on Saturday at 37 weeks and then updated it after my Dr appt on Monday.

Pregnancy Highlights:
 
How Far Along: 37 Weeks

 
Size of baby: Baby Graham weighs about 6 lbs and is over 19 inches (according to Baby Center).  I can confidently say that Graham has exceeded those measurements!  We had our last ultrasound almost two weeks ago and at that time they estimated he was 7lbs 7oz!!  Hannah at that ultrasound was estimated 7lbs 4oz and she was 8lbs 4oz at birth so I'm hoping they were a little high in their guess but we'll see.  We know for sure he's going to be a big boy!  He has really long feet and his head is right on track for how far along he is.  Hannah's head was always measuring a week ahead.  I went to the Dr on Monday (so 37w 3d) and she said he's a huge baby!  Nice.  Her estimate is that he's already over 8 lbs. Yikes!  We are very very close to his scheduled arrival date so I'm hoping he's not 10 lbs by the time he gets here!

 
Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs. Yep, that's right, I gained 4 lbs in TWO weeks!  I can't believe it but the Dr said it's totally normal to gain more at the very end.  Yikes.  This boy is getting big in there!   This was my total weight gain with Hannah so I'm guessing I will just go over that a little with Graham.
 
 
Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothes
 
 
Gender: It's a BOY!!!  

 
Movement: Graham is still a mover, but much less these days than before.  I almost feel like he's moving upwards since he was so low for so long.  He hasn't kicked or hit my hip bones at all this week.  He moves his arms and legs a ton and moves his little bottom around a lot.  He tries to stick it out super far daily.  I think he's officially out of room and just wants to find a new position any way he can.   Update: He is now low again!  He's back to constantly kicking my hip bones and is much lower than a week ago.  At 36 weeks Dr J couldn't feel his head and now it's definitely low and she feels it.  I think after the events of Monday night he's even lower.

 
Sleep: Sleep is so-so.  Some nights I only wake up once to go to the bathroom and I fall right back asleep and other nights I wake up several times and can't fall asleep for a few hours.  I get woken up some nights with TERRIBLE round ligament pains.  I mean TERRIBLE.  Like, someone is stabbing me in the side and it lasts for hours.  It's just excruciating.  I have it during the day as well but most of the time it's at night.  I did not have anything like this with Hannah and I will NOT miss it once he's here!  Last night I had the calf cramping in the middle of the night as well which I've only had one other time this pregnancy but I had more with Hannah.  It's like a crazy intense Charlie horse for no reason.  Luckily, that is few and far between but MAN do they hurt!!  As in, my leg was sore the entire next day from the cramping. 

 
What I miss: Sleeping well.  Not being in pain.  

 
Cravings: Chocolate!  He's probably going to have a pretty good sweet tooth just like his big sister thanks to my sweet cravings.

 
Symptoms: Heartburn is still a constant but not too bad, I just take TUMS like it's my job.  Tons of BH contractions still, my stomach is so tight just because of how big Graham is but I can definitely tell when I'm having a contraction, it somehow manages to get tighter.  Update: Monday night was a rough one.  I started having contractions (I'm used to them and don't pay much attention at this point) and then at 8pm I started timing them because I noticed this was happening more often than usual.  They were five minutes apart on the dot and lasted at least a minute each.  This went on for an entire hour so that was super fun.  ;)  I didn't notice a change in the intensity of the contractions so I just kept track and tried to watch tv with Austin.  After an hour they finally slowed down a little and I got in bed and just hoped for a good nights sleep because I was exhausted after all of that.  I slept well until 4am when I woke up with intense cramping in my lower abdomen.  Along with that was achiness in my upper thighs, just shooting down my legs.  It hurt pretty bad so at 5am I finally got out of bed and got in the shower to get ready for the day because I knew I was calling my OB when they opened that morning and didn't know if I'd be going in.  I talked with the nurse and she said it sounds like Graham is making his way down further than the day before (hence the lower cramping and leg pains) and contractions.  She said just to keep monitoring the contractions and if they keep up and intensify then call and we'll have our baby that day!  My Dr told me on Monday that as soon as I show signs of labor she's taking him out because he's ready.  I never experienced this with Hannah since I was induced so it's a whole new game for me.  So far he's been pretty quiet since all of this, just his normal movements and BH contractions, he must be resting from his eventful experience...  I appreciate that for sure! 

 
Best Moment this week: We got to see him a few weeks ago!  The last time before his arrival soon.  He was a sleepy guy but still showed off a little.  He's a big boy!  I wish we got better pictures but the ultrasound tech wasn't that fun so she didn't show us as much as the other ones in the past have.

Here's one picture of his profile with his hands in front of his face.


I also am now officially on medical leave!  I should have gone out weeks ago but I was trying to finish up a few important things before I went out on maternity leave until May.  The last few weeks were really hard and I could barely walk at times around work so the resting is definitely necessary!  I'm just taking it easy and staying home as much a possible until our sweet boy arrives.  We're ready!

This girl is ready too!  She can't wait for her little brother to get here!  She's going to be such a great big sister.



 


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Woohoo! Rest up girly, enjoy this time with your sweet girl while you're off work and before baby boy gets here. I will be anxiously awaiting updates these next few weeks! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers