Friday, February 6, 2015

Muddy Trails Bash

In April, Austin and I signed up for our 2nd 5K together and this time he was able to run it with me!  I was excited about this race especially because it was a full on event.  You run through the woods (trail run) and then after you are rewarded with free crawfish, pizza, beer, music, etc.  It was so much fun!
 
 
Here we are, ready to get our race on!

 
Here we are pre-race, nice and clean and not sweaty.

 
Here we are post race, nice and hot and sweaty.  :)  Hannah was so excited to watch Mommy and Daddy run to the finish line!

 
Another 5K down!  This one was by far the best!  I not only beat my personal best by 4 whole minutes, it was just WAY more fun to run than the last 5K.  It was all on trails (which when it rains are muddy, hence the name of the race) through the woods so it was just a lot more fun to run than on the pavement.  Austin passed me up pretty quickly so he could run at his own pace and he finished a few minutes before I did.  Mark and Cindy were there with us and for any of you that know my father in law, know he's a fitness fanatic.  He never sits still.  He just LOVES to exercise to he decided to run the race too!  He finished in a ridiculously short amount of time and turned around and found Austin and finished with him and then once Austin finished he turned around and ran the end with me as well as my own personal cheerleader.  It was great. 


Us with our own little runner.  She kept CiCi busy while we were all running.

 
This is just part of the set up after the race.  A big party!

 
You can't have crawfish without a zydeco band of course!

 
Some of the food!  I didn't get to eat or drink most of anything they had since I'm gluten free but the fruit sure was good.  Ha!

 
It was a fun day!

 
Heading back to our car on the school bus.  I can't remember the last time I was on a school bus.  Don't miss that for sure.

 
Papa, Hannah and CiCi

 
I really wanted to run this one again this year but it's taking place about six weeks after Graham is born and that's just not going to work!  Next year for sure!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers